Michigan Department of Education Assessment Updates
- Spotlights and other Communications from Assessment and Accountability, added 04/13/2015
- “5 Ways to Help Your Students Succeed on the PARCC adn SBAC ELA Assessments,” Routledge Taylor and Francis Group, posted 10/25/2014
- “Report Urges Revamping Standardized Testing,” EdSource, posted 10/23/2014
- “College Board Take New Direction With Combined Report on SAT, PSAT, and AP“, Education Week, posted 10/23/2014
- “As Overtesting Outcry Grows, Education Leaders Pull Back on Standardized Tests”, The Christian Science Monitor, posted 10/23/2014
- “More AP Courses Slated for Major Overhaul,” The Hechinger Report, posted 10/23/2014
- “College Board Enlists Khan Academy to Provide Free Online SAT Prep“, ED Week, posted 03/24/2014
- “College Board Outlines SAT Redesign Says it Will Be More ‘Focused and Useful'”, EDWeek, posted 03/24/2014
- “MEAP Testing to Take 17-month Break”, The Detroit News, posted 03/24/2014
- “Spotlight on Common-Core Assessments”, Education Week, posted 03/24/2014
- “Designing Reliable and Valid Common Core-Aligned Math Assessments”, ASCD Express, posted 03/22/2014
- “Listening to the Data: Students are talking to you through their assessments. Are you listening?”, Association for Middle Level Eduction, posted 01/31/2014
- “PARCC Releases Fully Functional Sample Test Questions for Common Core”, The Journal, posted 01/31/2014
- “Inside the Black Box” – Dylan Wiliam and Paul Black, posted 8/12/2013
- “Common-Core Online Practice Tests Unveiled“ – Education Week, posted 6/7/2013
- “Smarter-Balanced-Overview-Presentation“ – Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- “Testing Groups Scales Back Performance Items” – Education Week
- “Measuring What Matters Part 1 – The Case for an Assessment Overhaul” – Jay McTighe
- “Standardized Testing Costs States $1.7 Billion a Year, Study Says” – Education Week
- Tomilinson, C.A & Moon, T.R. (2013). Assessment and student success in a differentiated classroom. Alexandria, VA: ASCD, posted 01/31/2014
- Ainsworth, L., Almeida, L., Davies, A., DuFour, R., Gregg, L., Gusky, T., . . . Wiliam, D. (2007). Ahead of the curve: The power of assessment to transform teaching and learning. D. Reeves (Ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Chappuis, S., Stiggins, R. J., Arter, J., & Chappius, J., Assessment FOR learning: An action guide for school leaders (2nd ed.). Portland, OR: Assessment Training Institute.
- Doty, G. (2008). Focused assessment: Enriching the instructional cycle. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Erkins, C., Ferriter, W. M., Goodwin, M., Heflebower, T., Hierck, T., Jakicic, C., . . . Young, A. (2009). The teacher as assessment leader. T. R. Guskey (Ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Popham, W. J. (2000). Testing! Testing! What every parent should know about school tests. Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Popham, W. J. (2003). Test better, teach better: The instructional role of assessment. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
- Wilson, L. W. (2005). What every teacher needs to know about assessment (2nd ed.). Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education.
- “Feedback for Learning” – Educational Leadership
- “Common Assessment Links” – Educational Leadership
- “Sample Items and Performance Tasks” – Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- Partnership for Assessment Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Update
- Differentiated Instruction Requires Continuous Assessment – ASCD, posted 6/7/2013
- Cliff notes of Keys to Quality Assessment, posted 9/25/2013
- Keys to Quality Classroom Assessment, posted 9/25/2013